Wananga landing Wananga landing

Apply for Study Abroad at UC

15 September 2023

Find out how to apply to study overseas with UC.


Apply for Study Abroad online

You will need the following supporting documents to apply in MyUC:

  • Your academic transcript from your home university. Please make sure that this is an official transcript. 
  • If English is not your first language, you will need to provide a satisfactory result in an acceptable English language test. If you are from Sweden, Norway, Germany or Denmark with a pass at a specified level in your final year of high school study you may be exempted from a language test. Students from Germany may also provide  a DAAD English language test which meets UC English language requirements. If your English test result is pending, you may apply in the meantime for conditional assessment of your application, with the English result to be submitted in due course.
  • A copy of the information page of your passport. You may complete the application without this if you do not yet have your passport.
  • You will also be asked to provide a provisional list of courses that you intend to take at UC. We’ll seek approval from UC’s academic departments for you to take those courses and will let you know of their decisions in due course. You are welcome to provide a few back-up courses as well. Note that this is a provisional course list and you will enter your final course selection later.


Application Notes:

  • For the Type of Application, select “Incoming Study Abroad/ Student Exchange”. Do not select the “New Student” option.
  • Study Abroad and Exchange students enrol in a “Certificate of Proficiency” as their UC qualification (this is the qualification code used for students not doing their full degree or qualification at UC and instead crediting courses back to a home university qualification). As part of the application, you will be asked to select a type of Certificate of Proficiency, for example Certificate of Proficiency in Arts or Certificate of Proficiency in Engineering. Please select the general subject area you intend to take most of your courses in at UC. You will not be confined to this subject area and will be able to take courses across disciplines regardless of which Certificate of Proficiency you select in the application. You should only select ONE Certificate of Proficiency option.



Application approval

UC will then process your application and normally notify you within 2 weeks of the decision.


Next steps

Once accepted, you will receive an email copy of your Offer of Place letter, along with information on how to apply for housing for international students, insurance, visa, International Welcome, orientation and enrolment.

Click here to apply

Privacy Preferences

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.