Are you a University of Canterbury Business student? Do you want to gain valuable real-world experience over the summer break? UC Business School has an exciting opportunity for you.
The Summer Micro-Internship programme is designed to provide real-world experience to UC Business School students, while at the same time enabling Canterbury businesses interested in overseas expansion to benefit from their unique knowledge and expertise.
A mix of domestic and international students will work together in teams to undertake market research for local businesses on different countries. This will give students valuable experience working in a diverse team. They will submit a report and give a presentation to the client at the end of the programme, designed to inform the expansion strategy of the organisation.
The final presentations will be judged by an expert from UC Business School, with input from the client, and the winning teams will get a share of a $1,500 cash prize pool.
The next programme will be run from November – December 2023. Application opens in September 2023.
You need to meet ALL the requirements listed below to be able to apply for this internship:
- Current University of Canterbury student
- 120 points completed at UC (or equivalent at a partner institution) of which at least 30 points must be from Commerce courses (any two MGMT, ACCT, ECON, FINC, INFO, BSNS, or MKTG papers)
- B- GPA (or equivalent)
About Summer Micro-Internships
This is an unpaid three-week programme which you are expected to work at least 60 hours on the project. Its main purpose is to build your professional experience and skills. The project can be completed virtually meaning there is no need for you to be in Christchurch. If you are in Christchurch, you will be able to access to a dedicated space to have discussions and work with your team members at UC.
The programme includes:
- Virtual launch introducing the programme
- Initial briefing from your client
- Check-in meeting with your client
- Masterclass on market research with Dr Chris Chen
- Ongoing mentoring by the UC Business School Internationalisation Team
- Final presentation to client