UC Biosecurity Innovations (UCBI) aims to build biosecurity capabilty through
- innovative teaching and research
- novel tools and technology
- national and international partnerships and collaborations.
Biosecurity is a multi-faceted topic and so are our people. Founded in 2020, our team of more than 25 researchers have a passion for biosecurity.
With cutting edge equipment and containment facilities, we link research in biology, technology, mathematics, statistics, law, journalism, education, social and behavioural sciences with Mātauranga and other indigenous knowledge systems.
Our research themes
Contact our Director, Steve Pawson or our theme leaders below to discuss opportunities and outcomes for our four research themes.
We identify biosecurity risks and invasion pathways before new species cross the border and
- test and improve risk assessment processes
- design and build new detection tools
- connect with communities to build biosecurity capability