Five top projects win 2021 Teaching Development Scholarships
02 December 2021
Five exciting, future-focussed projects have earned Teaching Development scholarships for University of Canterbury staff.
The prestigious scholarships reward recipients with both time and funding to explore a teaching-related project they are interested in.
“These projects will all add to our already high standard of teaching with new innovations and solutions that will continue to improve the experience of our students and teaching staff,” Tumu Tuarua Akoranga | Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic Catherine Moran says.
The scholarships support the Distributed Leadership in Teaching Programme, which encourages and facilitates teaching staff to become leaders in the teaching community.
The programme is one of the ways the University of Canterbury develops capability in teaching practice and encourages solutions to teaching and assessment challenges.
Congratulations to the 2021 Teaching Development Scholarship winners:
- Senior Lecturer Nick Emerson School of Product Design: Using technology-enhanced pedagogy to create a framework for accessible, flexible, and future-focussed learning in experiential degree programmes
- Professor Deirdre Hart School of Earth and Environment: Strengthening Academic Integrity at UC via Staff, Student and System Approach
- Professor Donald Matheson Language, Social and Political Sciences: Building global classrooms at UC
- Senior Lecturer Ciaran Moore Electrical and Computer Engineering: Building Capabilities in Online Summative Assessment for STEM Courses
- Lecturer Christian Walsh University Centre for Entrepreneurship: Student centred video tools for assessment and learning
- Email: email@example.com Ph: (03) 369 3631 or 027 503 0168
What to read next:
In an article on The Conversation, Professor in Law Karen Scott says 95% of the world's data travels along submarine cables and explains why the law ...
Associate Professor Alfred Guender celebrates former student Dominick Stephens' appointment to a top position at NZ Treasury.