RecCentre Booking Cancellation Policy
The UC RecCentre implements booking cancellation policies to help us create a fair environment where everyone has the opportunity to participate. Check out the RecCentre booking cancellation policy.
Why do we have these policies?
- Our policies help us to create a fair environment where everyone is given the opportunity to join in and participate.
- By cancelling an appointment/booking that you can't get to or no longer require, it allows others the ability to book into that timeslot.
- You can book into classes right up until the class starts.
- You can only book services like PT or Massage up to 2 hours before the session begins. This allows our staff the time to get to work and for any tasks in the background to be done and ready for your appointment. If you don't show up for an appointment, you prevent others from being able to make a booking at that time.
Cancellation Policy - for Personal Training, Massage, Courts and Fields
Cancelling with more than 24 hours' notice (from the start time of the appointment/booking):
- You will not be charged
- If you have prepaid, you will be issued a refund automatically in the form of booking credit.
- For example; if you have booked and paid for a 60-minute PT session, then cancel with more than 24 hours notice - you will be issued a credit of 1x 60-minute PT session onto your account, that you can use towards a future booking.
- By cancelling early you have made room for someone else who may want to make a booking at that time.
Cancelling within 24 hours (from the start time of the appointment/booking):
- You will be charged for the appointment/booking.
- The charge will be attached to your membership account. You will have 7 days to pay.
- If there is any money outstanding after 7-days, your automatic self-entry to the RecCentre will be restricted until the debt owing has been paid.
- You will not be eligible for a refund.
- You may prevent someone from making an online booking for that timeslot.
Failing to turn up to a booked appointment or booking (No shows):
- The same rules apply as above for cancelling within 24 hours.
- However you will have also prevented someone from making an ad-hoc in-person booking for that timeslot.
Cancellation Policy - for Group Fitness and Speciality Courses
- The ability to cancel a class closes 30-minutes before the class begins.
- If you don't show up to a class and you are still booked in, you will receive a penalty against your account.
- If you receive 2 class penalties (i.e. two missed classes) within a 7 day period, you will be blocked from pre-booking a class for the next 7 days.
- If you have been blocked from booking a class, you are still welcome to turn up and take your chances to see if a spot is still available. Our Customer Experience team will let you know if there is room and can book you in.
- By cancelling your class with more than 30-minutes notice, you allow others on the waitlist time to head over to the gym to attend the class.
- For example; if you miss a class on the 14th, then another on the 20th, you will recieve a notification that you have been blocked from pre-booking classes for the next 7 days. You will be able to pre-book classes again from the 28th.
We strongly recommend you turn on your Technogym app notifications and save your appointments/bookings to your mobile or personal calendar.