Apply for credit from international study towards your UC qualification 

If you have studied at a university or tertiary institution outside New Zealand in the last five years and have not had the qualification conferred, you can apply to have the credits transferred to your UC qualification. If you have completed the qualification you can instead apply for cross-credit.

To apply for credit transfer, you must be fully enrolled as a UC student or have an Offer of Place for study at UC. You can apply for credit transfer from more than one university/institution at a time.

Required documentation

Your application for credit transfer must include the following documentation (uploaded to your Document Library in myUC): 

  • A pdf or high quality scan of your most recent academic transcript(s) clearly showing all the courses you wish to be considered for credit transfer
  • Course outlines for each course you wish to be considered for credit transfer (preferably from the same year as when you completed the course)
  • Information on the structure of the qualification(s) you were studying towards at the above University/Institution(s), including an outline of the total number of credits, credit hours, points, or units required to complete the qualification 

For non-English documents, you must provide both the original or certified copy and a certified official translation. 

Application Fee

The application fee is NZD $100 and is non-refundable. Once you have submitted the form, you will be directed to the payment page. Your application will be assessed once payment is received and you will be notified of the outcome via email. 


If you have had the qualification conferred, you may instead apply for cross-credit of up to 120 points. 

BE(Hons) students

No credit transfer is available for the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BE(Hons)) Second-Fourth Years. When University Admission is granted, your application will be forwarded to the Faculty of Engineering for assessment of your suitability to enrol in the BE(Hons) with advanced standing (i.e. in the Second-Fourth Year of the qualification). 

Credit Transfer from a New Zealand university or institution

If you have completed study at a New Zealand university or tertiary institution, apply for credit transfer here

Apply for credit transfer from international study to a UC qualification.

See the Credit Recognition and Transfer Regulations for more information. 

chat loading...