Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory
The Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory has developed some of the world’s most unique mechatronics and robotic systems including various mobile robots, advanced sensors and actuators, state-of-art control prototyping systems including dSpace, MatLab, and LabView. The Laboratory offers students the chance to work on challenging mechatronics research areas:
- 3d manufacturing of bio-scaffolds
- Bio-instrumentation and control, connecting control systems to human physiology
- Autonomous Guided Vehicle for agricultural production automation
- Unmanned Arial Vehicle for environmental monitoring
- Climbing robots for industrial inspection
- Unmanned Underwater Robot for oceanographic exploration and monitoring
- Machine vision applications
- Novel actuators, smart/active structure
Opportunities are available for mechatronics students to engage the research activities at difference levels: postgraduates, final year projects, summer employment, and international internships.
Find research groups
Search our Research database
University of Canterbury alumni and friends of the University have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours List ...
The University of Canterbury (UC) is lighting up its fire engineering research and looking forward to closer ...