Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory
The Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory has developed some of the world’s most unique mechatronics and robotic systems including various mobile robots, advanced sensors and actuators, state-of-art control prototyping systems including dSpace, MatLab, and LabView. The Laboratory offers students the chance to work on challenging mechatronics research areas:
- 3d manufacturing of bio-scaffolds
- Bio-instrumentation and control, connecting control systems to human physiology
- Autonomous Guided Vehicle for agricultural production automation
- Unmanned Arial Vehicle for environmental monitoring
- Climbing robots for industrial inspection
- Unmanned Underwater Robot for oceanographic exploration and monitoring
- Machine vision applications
- Novel actuators, smart/active structure
Opportunities are available for mechatronics students to engage the research activities at difference levels: postgraduates, final year projects, summer employment, and international internships.
Find research groups
Search our Research database
Several University of Canterbury (UC) innovators and their health technology solutions are among the inaugural winners ...
The University of Canterbury (UC) is joining global online learning platform edX to offer free, short courses to the ...