Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory
The Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Laboratory has developed some of the world’s most unique mechatronics and robotic systems including various mobile robots, advanced sensors and actuators, state-of-art control prototyping systems including dSpace, MatLab, and LabView. The Laboratory offers students the chance to work on challenging mechatronics research areas:
- 3d manufacturing of bio-scaffolds
- Bio-instrumentation and control, connecting control systems to human physiology
- Autonomous Guided Vehicle for agricultural production automation
- Unmanned Arial Vehicle for environmental monitoring
- Climbing robots for industrial inspection
- Unmanned Underwater Robot for oceanographic exploration and monitoring
- Machine vision applications
- Novel actuators, smart/active structure
Opportunities are available for mechatronics students to engage the research activities at difference levels: postgraduates, final year projects, summer employment, and international internships.
Find research groups
Search our Research database
The Ngā Karahipi Uru Rākau – Forestry Scholarships will be open from June to the 15th August.
A simple, low-cost technology developed by University of Canterbury (UC) engineers could save thousands of patients’ ...