UC Business School Trading Room
Te Kura Umanga Wāhi Hokohoko
The UC Business School Trading Room | Te Kura Umanga Wāhi Hokohoko is a state-of-the-art teaching and research facility for students, industry and the wider community. Located in the Business and Law Building, Ilam campus, the Trading Room reflects the school's innovative teaching methods that put theories into practice and brings the learning and working experience closer, creating work ready graduates.
UC Business School is grateful to the UC Foundation and their donors for sponsoring the Trading Room project to bring us to our grand opening on 16 October 2017.
The UC Business School Trading Room takes an innovative approach to learning, offering real-world experiences that cannot be provided within a traditional classroom.
- Students will gain first-hand experience of market concepts and behaviours through simulated investing and analysis of market opportunities.
- Students will be exposed to the latest technology and become familiar with the digital tools used in the industry.
- Students will learn about risk-return profile and the commercialisation of innovation by having opportunities to test ideas in a safe, controlled environment.
- Students will be exposed to different aspects of social responsible investing. The ethical issues of trading will be discussed.
Industry partners can offer resources and support and work with the UC Business School to deliver innovative programmes, seminars and events within a dynamic teaching framework that supports the financial sector.
The UC Business School Trading Room is equipped with 12 workstations, a live stock ticker display, a live market wall display, news data feeds, Bloomberg terminal access and simulation tools for trading.
The facility provides live data and news feeds for:
- S&P/NZX indices and NZX listed companies
- Reserve Bank News
- BBC News
- NZ Mortgage News
- CNN Money news
There is also Skype capability to allow people from external organisations to call in and give live presentations to students.
Engage with us
Connections create change and this new facility will not only benefit our students, UC Business School and the University, but also our partners and ultimately, industry. Ongoing partnerships and support will assist UC’s commitment to developing enterprising, globally aware and industry-ready students through engagement and partnership opportunities.