How to get information during an emergency
Be in the know. Know what to do. Staff and students can download UCGO for real-time information about campus closures, extreme weather and other emergencies—sent straight to your mobile.
In the case of campus emergencies, the University website will be updated with community information as soon as it is available, usually within 15 - 20 minutes of the first message alert. The University of Canterbury is committed to providing timely warnings and/or emergency notifications in situations that represent a serious or continuing threat to the campus community.
How to find information in an Emergency
- On your mobile device—Receive push notifications on your mobile device and/or tablet with UCGO
- On the web—Visit canterbury.ac.nz for detailed campus closure and emergency information and updates.
- By email—Check your official university email after an emergency for support and resource information.
- On social media—Like UC on Facebook and follow @ucnz on Twitter.
- On the staff and student blogs -
- Tū Ki Te Tahi - the staff intranet
- Tūpono [aka the Insider's Guide to UC]