Water and Environmental Systems Engineering
Population increase, urbanisation, natural hazards, and climate change are leading to complex challenges in how we manage our limited water resources and environment.
Studying this subject will train you to integrate the built environment with the natural environment to help supply clean, quality water to households, agriculture, and industry, and process wastewater in a less environmentally damaging way.
- Courses with a project focus and industry collaboration, including built systems and laboratory testing.
- Linking local communities, including mana whenua, to find solutions for water and environmental systems problems.
- Mentoring from world leading lecturers who are active in industry and as advocates.
Water and Environmental Systems Engineering minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, complete the following courses:
- ENCN493 Research Project
- Three courses chosen from the optional list, or any approved 400-level Engineering courses
Plus meet the requirements for Civil Engineering.
Expertise in water and environmental systems engineering will give you a range of career options including water infrastructure design and management, quality and security issues, recycling, supply operations, environmental compliance, and more.
Some career pathways could include:
- City and regional planning
- Government policy
- Research and Development (R&D).
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Civil Engineering.
Level 4, Civil-Mechanical Engineering building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Pūhanga | Faculty of Engineering
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Water and Environmental Systems Engineering
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Structural Engineering explores how buildings and other structures endure disasters, like earthquakes, fires, and storms. With big issues like climate change, ...