Events & Sponsoring
Developing and connecting talent
“It’s quite fortunate for the university to have groups such as the EPECentre that enable us to make those industry connections while we’re studying and assist with the transition from finishing our degrees to going into the industry.”
Jozef Crosland, EPECentre Undergraduate scholar awarded in 2016-19
Field trips to member company sites
- Annual 4-day Power Systems Field trip for about 30 UC students, alternating between North and South Island sites.
- Day Field trip to Member Canterbury sites
Industry–Student interaction events and career opportunities
Annual events including:
- Power Careers Event for students to meet Electrical Engineering graduates and senior engineers from the electricity industry and discuss career opportunities.
- Scholarship Awards to formally acknowledge scholars, with industry members.
- UC Motorsport – a student-run organisation that competes in the largest student engineering design competition in the world, Formula SAE. The team designs and builds race cars from the ground up, and they get to race them too. See their progress on Facebook or check out this short video.
- UC IEEE Student Branch sponsorship.