Education and Outreach
We deliver industry engineers who will ignite and work with their communities to provide electricity in smart and sustainable ways.
The EPECentre is focused on bringing fresh minds and perspectives to the New Zealand power engineering industry and enhances power engineering education to:
- Inspire and enable more students to choose power engineering courses at UC
- Facilitate career opportunities for students
- Create a world-class power engineering tertiary education portfolio
- Provide Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarships
- Increase the quality and quantity of power engineers in New Zealand.
The EPECentre offers a wide range of support programmes and initiatives, in partnership with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department including:
- Over 170 EPECentre Scholarships awarded since 2003.
- 31 EPECentre Scholarships awarded in 2017 through 3 programmes for school leavers, undergraduate, postgraduates
- Summer scholarships or internships working on research projects.