Digital Documents - My eQuals

University of Canterbury is a signatory of the Groningen Declaration and as of 12th July 2018 will start providing digital official letters, academic transcripts and degree certificates via My eQuals, a secure online credentials service widely used by New Zealand and Australian Universities.

For further general information on the My eQuals platform including:

please see the respective links.

Information specific to University of Canterbury and ordering through My eQuals is as follows:

Academic Transcript, Letter of Eligibility to Graduate and Letter of Conferment of Degree can all be provided via the My eQuals portal. Other official letters may be provided on a case-by-case basis.

Any student or graduate who is eligible to receive an official academic record from the University of Canterbury and who has a valid personal email address.

You will be emailed with a link to the portal on delivery of your digital document to the email address you have provided. Alternately, you can login here.

From 25 July 2018 onwards, UC students will receive a free digital testamur and transcript via My eQuals upon graduation. An email will be sent to all recipients of the digital academic transcripts advising them when their transcript is available via My eQuals. The email will be sent to the permanent personal email address provided upon enrolment or advised by you subsequently.

Students who require an official transcript but have not yet graduated, or graduated prior to 25 July 2018, need to order and pay for this using the online order form. If you have ordered a transcript or official letter please allow approximately 3 to 4 working days for processing. You will be emailed to the address you provided upon ordering when the order is ready

If you are eligible for a free automatically provided transcript and have waited until 3 working days after graduation or you have ordered a digital document and it has been longer than 4 working days please contact

For Exchange students and Study Abroad students coming to us through a partner programme, a transcript will be automatically sent to your home university or Study Abroad programme at the end of your study once results are released. If you are not attending UC through a partner programme, the UC Mobility team will contact you as to where you would like your transcript sent. Please contact if you have any further queries.

There is only one version of a transcript. The difference between a standard and US or Canadian University or Korea transcript is to do with the postage standards and protocol.

No. Certification of a digital document is controlled by University of Canterbury and My eQuals and a printed copy of this document is not considered an official record. If this certification is not acceptable, a hard copy (paper) version should be ordered.