FAQ - visiting campus for an event
Visiting campus can be an adventure for first time users. Make yourself familiar with the campus with the helpful links below:
- Maps: Search for the building you are visiting, find a car park or bike park, or other services on campus.
- Parking: Staff and students and visitors who don't have an all-year parking permit will also be able to park in staff, students and visitors only parking areas (8.00am to 5.00pm) by displaying an All-Day parking coupon attached to the driver's window. Please note - All Day Parking Coupons cannot be used in a Pay and Display area.
- Accessibility: All lecture theatres are accessible for wheelchair users. Let your event organiser know if you have any accessibility requirements including hearing, learning and intellectual, mobility, vision or other.
- Restrooms: All buildings have restrooms (toilets) in close proximity. Your presenter will identify the closest ones for your visit.
- Food, Coffee, Cafes, ATMs, and other services. Opening hours vary during term breaks (holidays).
- Security number: In an emergency call from your mobile phone 0800 823 637. Help on campus.
Emergency: In an emergency please follow the instructions of your presenter.
- Keep calm.
- Alert those around you.
- If you have received instructions follow those instructions.
- If no instructions have been provided, use your best judgment.
- If you require urgent assistance, call extn 6111, or 0800 823 637, (UC Security).
- Updates and information will be available on the UC Facebook page and Twitter (both searchable from a mobile device).
- If the above platforms are disrupted, information will be relayed according to whatever means are available and best suit the situation.
- Above all else use your common sense and keep calm.
All departments and service units have flip charts outlining what to do in various types of emergencies. The flip charts are on display throughout the University.