After a disrupted year, the Future of Health will finally come to life on July 31st and August 1st 2021. Join us and register now - it is time to have an impact!
The Future of Health Challenge is an opportunity for all tertiary students in Canterbury, from all levels and disciplines, working together in teams, to envision tomorrow’s healthcare provision. Te Papa Hauora is looking for innovative and creative solutions they can actually implement - this is a chance to have a real impact.
The Challenge lets you engage with some of the biggest problems facing the Health Sector in Canterbury and New Zealand. During the weekend of the Challenge you will work in a multidisciplinary team of students from across the region to tackle one of the Challenge Questions set out by Te Papa Hauora Health Precinct.
Throughout the Challenge you will get coaching from UCE staff as well as mentoring and input from health sector experts. At the end of the Challenge, your team will pitch your concept to a panel of judges and Health experts. The winning teams will take home part of a $3,000 cash prize pool!
It is the perfect opportunity for you to meet new people, hone your skills, experience some new ways of working and build your CV.
Why sign up?
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Meet interesting new people from a range of disciplines.
- Develop your creativity, innovation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Build experience in creating a compelling, professional presentation.
- Network with mentors and industry experts.
- Have something awesome to put on your CV.
- Enjoy awesome food throughout!
- Be in to win cash prizes!
Who should sign up?
This Challenge is designed for tertiary students of any discipline and any level (from first-year to post-grad) who live/study in the Canterbury region.
Do you need a team in advance?
If you already have a team that’s great and you can register as a team (5 people max.). Otherwise, we will organise a team for you. All you need to do is register!
Who is running the Challenge?
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship and Te Papa Hauora Health Precinct are working in partnership to deliver The Future of Health Challenge.
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com
- Challenge Launch: 4 - 6pm, Tuesday 27 July Online via Zoom
- Challenge: 9am - 5pm, Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August
- Location: CDHB Design Lab, 17 Print Place, Middleton, Christchurch