Future of Health Challenge
Tackle the biggest problems facing our Health sector and win cash prizes!
The Future of Health Challenge is an opportunity for all tertiary students in Canterbury to tackle the biggest problems facing our Health sector. Te Papa Hauora is looking for innovative solutions they can implement - this is your chance to have a real impact! No experience or idea is required to take part.
Also supported by Pegasus Health, the Challenge lets you engage with some of the biggest problems facing the Health Sector in Canterbury and New Zealand. During the weekend of the Challenge, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of students from across the region to tackle one of the Challenge questions set out by Te Papa Hauora Health Precinct, which will be revealed at the launch event.
Throughout the Challenge, you will enjoy amazing free food and will get coaching from UCE staff as well as mentoring and input from health sector experts! At the end of the Challenge, your team will pitch your concept to a panel of judges and Health experts. The winning teams will take home part of a $3,000 cash prize pool as well as some additional prize from Pegasus Health!
It is the perfect opportunity for you to meet new people, hone your skills, build your CV, experience some new ways of working and have a real impact in the world!
Why sign up?
- Work in a collaborative environment.
- Meet interesting new people from a range of disciplines.
- Develop your creativity, innovation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Build experience in creating a compelling, professional presentation.
- Network with mentors and industry experts.
- Have something awesome to put on your CV.
- Enjoy awesome food throughout!
- Be in to win cash prizes!
Who should sign up?
This Challenge is designed for tertiary students of any discipline and any level (from first-year to post-grad) who live/study in the Canterbury region.
Do I need a team in advance?
If you already have a team, that’s great and you can register as a team (3 to 5 people max.). Otherwise, we will organise a team for you. All you need to do is register!
Who is running the Challenge?
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship and Te Papa Hauora Health Precinct, supported by Pegasus Health, are working in partnership to deliver The Future of Health Challenge.
- Registrations close: Monday 25th July at 9 am (or when at capacity)
- Challenge Launch: Tuesday 26 July - 4 to 6 pm on Zoom
- Challenge: Saturday 30 - Sunday 31 July 2022 - 9 am to 5 pm - at CDHB Design Lab, 17 Print Place, Middleton, Christchurch
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org