UCE Summer Startup Programme 2020/21
The UCE Summer Startup Programme is an opportunity for you to fast-track your commercial venture or social enterprise into reality by working on it for ten weeks over the summer period. If you’ve got an idea, it’s also an opportunity to make it happen!
The Summer Startup Programme will challenge you to push yourself and your ideas to the next level in a supportive, enjoyable and dynamic environment. You will learn the key elements of the Lean Startup, get daily coaching and mentoring, and receive expert input and advice. Over the course of the Summer Startup Programme, you will engage with more than 60 different experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts, and supportive professionals.
The Programme provides you with a dedicated workspace and a community of founders at the UC Centre for Entrepreneurship.
At the conclusion of the Programme, you will present to a panel of judges for the opportunity to pitch at the UCE Showcase and win cash prizes.
Topics covered during the Programme include:
- Defining and validating the problem, pain or unmet need
- Understanding and talking to your customer
- Minimum viable product definition and development
- Routes to market
- New venture revenue and cost models
- Intellectual property strategy
- Team building and management
In conjunction with the programme, a limited number of UCE Summer Startup Scholarships offer students $5,000 (tax-free) to work on their ventures. All applications for the Summer Startup Programme are automatically considered for the Scholarship.
Application Key dates
- Applications Open - Apply now!
- Information Session 1 - August 13, 2020 (2pm @ UCE, 6th Floor Rehua Building)
- Information Session 2 - September 11, 2020 (1pm @UCE, 6th Floor Rehua Building)
- Applications Close - September 15, 2020
- Shortlist Interviews - September 21-22, 2020
- Offers made - September 23-25, 2020
Programme Key dates
- Programme Start - November 11, 2020
- Xmas Break - December 16, 2020 to January 6, 2021
- All Pitch Day - January 29, 2021
- UCE Showcase - February 4, 2021
To see what the application requires, you can download the UCE Summer Startup Application here. (Note: you must still apply using the online form).
Applications close 5pm, 15 September. For any questions or help with your application please contact James Carr email@example.com