UC’s Centre for Entrepreneurship (UCE) provides students with opportunities to build capabilities in entrepreneurship and innovation. All of our activities are connected with external organisations, enabling our students to gain real world hands-on experience. UCE’s programmes and events are open to all UC students regardless of the degree of year. No prior experience is required.
The UCE community of founders, mentors, experts and advisors fosters innovation and creativity where students are challenged in a supportive environment and are encouraged to take risks, explore new concepts, and make things happen. We want to equip our students to have a real positive impact on society.
More recently, UCE has taken a leadership role in the startup ecosystem in Christchurch with establishing the Founder Incubator, ThincLab. Through this Incubator we support the growth of the next generation of exciting global tech companies based here in Christchurch. It also provides an avenue for students to gain experience working with growing startups so they can see what it really takes to grow business globally.
Our aim is to deliver highly versatile graduates who can contribute to society in a meaningful and positive way.
At UCE we want to:
- Nurture the development of more employable UC graduates with exceptional entrepreneurial capability.
- Become a driving force in the entrepreneurial ecosystem regionally and nationally.
- Expand UC’s national and international entrepreneurial networks.
- To be seen as a central pillar for innovation and entrepreneurship for the Christchurch community and beyond
- Be a centre for excellence on innovation and entrepreneurial research.