Postgraduate Diploma in Art Curatorship
Postgraduate certificates and diplomas require a relevant bachelor's degree. If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to ensure they are of an equivalent standard.
You are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
Specific entry requirements
Candidates must be qualified with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts, be admitted Ad Eundem Statum as the holder of such a degree, or must produce evidence of extensive practical, professional or scholarly experience to the satisfaction of the Academic Board.
Entry will be approved by the Dean of Arts (Academic) on the recommendation of the Head of the School of Fine Arts.
For the full entry requirements see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Art Curatorship or use the admission requirements checker.
How to apply
You can apply online at myUC. Find out more about how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
To qualify for the PGDipArtCuratorship a student must satisfactorily pass all the courses specified in the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Art Curatorship.
The PGDipArtCuratorship is made up of four courses:
- ARTC402 The Art Museum Past and Present
- a special project in staging an exhibition
- a gallery internship
- one course from the Art History or Art Theory honours schedule.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Our Careers, Internships & Employment team can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit the Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.
For full requirements see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Art Curatorship.
For study planning help contact the School of Humanities and Creative Arts or the College of Arts:
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800
Phone+64 3 369 3377