Women in Engineering Residential Programme
21-24 January 2019
Introducing UC’s first ever Women in Engineering Residential Programme!
If you are…
- A female student* completing Year 12 in 2018 at a New Zealand high school
- Currently studying maths and science (physics preferred)
- Excited to explore the broad nature of engineering – relating to chemical and process engineering, civil and natural resources engineering, computer science and software engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and mechanical engineering
- Interested in pursuing a career in engineering
- Wanting to experience life as a UC student
- Looking for a fun challenge to take on during the summer holidays
…this FREE, hands-on programme is for you!
Featuring interactive sessions to uncover what engineers ‘do’, a range of guest speakers (including lecturers, current students and industry experts), plus plenty of social activities for you to connect with like-minded students from around the country.**
Date: 21-24 January 2019. You will arrive the afternoon/evening of Sunday 20 January to settle in and meet your fellow students, and depart Thursday 24 January after 12.00pm. A full timetable will be available soon.
Location: UC College of Engineering, Christchurch.
Accommodation: UC Halls of Residence.
Eligibility: Open to female students* completing Year 12 in 2018 at a New Zealand high school.
Cost: FREE! For the first ever WiE CAN, we will cover all programme, accommodation and food costs. A $100 travel voucher will also be provided as reimbursement to anyone travelling from outside Canterbury.
Applications now open!
Your application must include a statement on why you should attend and a reference from a teacher at your school. All applicants are also required to email all current NCEA results (Level 1 and Level 2) to firstname.lastname@example.org as part of the application. Any applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Spaces limited to 60 students
Engineering and technology touch all aspects of our everyday lives. It is a field with wide social impact, relevant to all parts of society, and is changing fast to meet the needs of the future.
We want to inspire the next generation of female engineers by giving you this opportunity explore engineering study options and career paths.
Engineering feats are everywhere…just look around you!
Applications open: 4.00pm, Monday 9 July
Applications close: Friday 17 August
Applicants advised of outcome by email: Friday 7 September
For more information, contact Kate at email@example.com.
*Applications open to female students or those who identify as female.
**Programme is subject to change.