My research interests range widely, from the design of advanced nanomaterial to their structural determination to the application of the new catalyst that is both environmental and process economical benign. More specifically, I am interested in the synthesis of heterogeneous catalyst, photocatalysis and conversion of biomass to transportation fuels using acid catalysis.
- Hashemizadeh I., Golovko V., Choi J., Tsang DCW. and Yip ACK. (2018) Photocatalytic reduction of CO2 to hydrocarbons using bio-templated porous TiO2 architectures under UV and visible light. Chemical Engineering Journal http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2018.04.094.
- Hong S., Kim D., Jeong Y., Kim E., Jung JC., Choi N., Nam J., Yip ACK. and Choi J. (2018) Healing of Microdefects in SSZ-13 Membranes via Filling with DyeMolecules and Its Effect on Dry and Wet CO2 Separations. Chemistry of Materials http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemmater.8b00757.
- Jia X., Jeong Y., Baik H., Choi J. and Yip ACK. (2018) Increasing Resolution of Selectivity in Alkene Hydrogenation via Diffusion Length in Core-shell MFI zeolite. Catalysis Today http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2018.02.014.
- Yu IKM., Tsang DCW., Yip ACK., Hunt AJ., Sherwood J., Shang J., Song HC., Ok YS. and Poon CS. (2018) Propylene Carbonate and γ-Valerolactone as Green Solvents Enhance Sn(IV)-Catalysed Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) Production from Bread Waste. Green Chemistry http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C8GC00358K.
- Chen SS., Yu IKM., Tsang DCW., Yip ACK., Khan E., Wang L., Ok YS. and Poon CS. (2017) Valorization of Cellulosic Food Waste into Levulinic Acid Catalyzed by Heterogeneous Brønsted Acids: Temperature and Solvent Effects. Chemical Engineering Journal 327: 328-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2017.06.108.