My research interests range widely, from the design of advanced nanomaterial to their structural determination to the application of the new catalyst that is both environmental and process economical benign. More specifically, I am interested in the synthesis of heterogeneous catalyst, photocatalysis and conversion of biomass to transportation fuels using acid catalysis.
- Chen SS., Yu IKM., Tsang DCW., Yip ACK., Khan E., Wang L., Ok YS. and Poon CS. (2017) Valorization of Cellulosic Food Waste into Levulinic Acid Catalyzed by Heterogeneous Brønsted Acids: Temperature and Solvent Effects. Chemical Engineering Journal 327: 328-335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2017.06.108.
- Hashemizadeh I., Tsang DCW., Ng YH., Wu Z., Golovko V. and Yip ACK. (2017) Bio-mimicked TiO2 Architectures for Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity under UV and Visible Light. RSC Advances 7: 39098-39108. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7ra04185c.
- Kim E., Hong S., Jang E., Lee JH., Kim JC., Choi N., Cho C-H., Nam J., Kwak SK. and Yip ACK. (2017) An Oriented, Siliceous Deca-dodecasil 3R (DDR) Zeolite Film for Effective Carbon Capture: Insight into Its Hydrophobic Effect. Journal of Materials Chemistry A http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C7TA02462B or http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2017/ta/c7ta02462b#!divAbstract.
- Wigley T., Yip ACK. and Pang S. (2017) A detailed product analysis of bio-oil from fast pyrolysis ofdemineralised and torrefied biomass. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis 123: 194-203. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2016.12.006.
- Wu Z., Duan Y., Ge S., Yip ACK., Yang F., Li Y. and Dou T. (2017) Promoting hydrolysis of ammonia borane over multiwalled carbon nanotube-supported Ru catalysts via hydrogen spillover. Catalysis Communications 91: 10-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.catcom.2016.12.007.