Recruitment – UC Rescue
We need students or staff who
- Are committed to weekly (two hours) evening training sessions and occasional weekend courses/exercises
- Are available to complete a basic rescue course and a two day first aid course (provided by the University)
- Meet the physical competency, medical examination and criminal background check requirements
- Are keen to learn about disaster response and rescue, including completing NZQA unit standards and qualifications
- Plan to be at the University of Canterbury for at least two years
- Are team players and are interested in developing leadership skills
- Are able to contribute to administrative tasks associated with the operation of UC Rescue
If you are considering applying and you meet the above criteria, then we want to hear from you. We welcome applications year round.
Download our UC Community Rescue Application (MS Word, 28KB) and return to Ken McEwen, Manager Security & Campus Community Support, c/- Security Office, 114 Ilam Road, in an envelope marked private and confidential, or email email@example.com.