The National Centre for Research on Europe (NCRE) is partnered with a number of universities in Europe and Asia which offer exchange opprtunities for postgraduate students.
Partners in Europe
- Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
- Lund University, Lung, Sweden
- University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
- TUT Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia
- Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
- KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Partners in Asia
- Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
- Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
- Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
- University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- University of Macau, Macau, China
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Please contact Rebecca Morgan for more details.
NCRE-MAEUS Mobility Awards
Since 2002, the NCRE and the Master of Arts in EU Studies programme at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, have organised an annual exchange of graduate students between University of Canterbury EURO Honours students and MA students from Chulalongkorn.
The MAEUS programme is a taught degree involving the study of the EU across four disciplines - Politics, Law, Economics and History. The MAEUS course consists of intensive 2-week modules (of 24 class hours); UC students may take one module during the June/July mid-year break and the assessment for this module can substitute for an item of work in the EURO Honours degree (with the approval of the course coordinator).
Students from Chulalongkorn visit the NCRE annually for 2-4 weeks in March/April where they undertake supervised research towards their final dissertation projects for their degree.
Travel and subsistence costs are available annually for a limited number of students. Students who can cover their own costs may also participate in the exchange.
This exchange is provided solely for European Studies Honours students at Canterbury and students in the Master of Arts in EU Studies programme at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. Eligible students who would like more information should contact their respective programme directors.