Qualifications, Memberships & Awards
Volker Nock received the Dipl.-Ing. degree in microsystem technology from the Institute for Microsystem Technology (IMTEK) at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany in 2005. He wrote his diploma thesis on single-use valves and pumps for transdermal drug delivery at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2009 he received a Ph.D. degree in electrical and electronic engineering from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. His dissertation focused on the control and measurement of dissolved oxygen in microfluidic bioreactors. From 2009 to 2012 he was a MacDiarmid Institute and Marsden Research Fellow at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He is currently working as a Senior Lecturer in the Department and is an Associate Investigator with the MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology and Principal Investigator with the Biomolecular Interactions Centre. His research interests include micro- and nanofabrication, surface patterning and the application of microfluidics to Lab-on-a-Chip devices. Major research projects he is currently involved in investigate the use of microfluidics to improve the Bioimprint cellular replication and imaging process; force patterns in moving C. elegans using elastomeric micropillars; chemical surface patterning using laminar flow microfluidics; and droplet coalescence and self-propelling in digital microfluidic.
- Hashemi A., Alkaisi M. and Nock VM. (2018) Enhancing the resolution of bioimprinted casein microdevices. International Journal of Nanotechnology
- Baldhoff T., Nock V. and Marshall AT. (2017) Through-Mask Electrochemical Micromachining of Aluminum in Phosphoric Acid. Journal of The Electrochemical Society 164(9): E194-E202. http://dx.doi.org/10.1149/2.0441709jes.
- Dimartino S., Mather AV., Nowell-Usticke JS., Fischer B. and Nock V. (2017) Investigation of the adhesive from Hormosira banksii germlings and its performance over different material surfaces and topographies. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 75 C: 114-123. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2017.02.021.
- Hashemi A., De Decker F., Orcheston-Findlay L., Ali MA., Alkaisi MM. and Nock V. (2017) Enhanced pattern resolution, swelling-behaviour and biocompatibility of bioimprinted casein microdevices. AIP Advances 7(11) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4991783.
- Sellier M., Verdier C. and Nock V. (2017) The spontaneous motion of a slug of miscible liquids in a capillary tube. International Journal of Nanotechnology 14(1/2/3/4/5/6): 530-530. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJNT.2017.082475.