Qualifications & Awards
Research interests include computer science education, compression, and computers and music.
- Bell TC. and Duncan C. (2018) Teaching Computing in primary schools.. In Sentance S; Barendsen E; Schulte C (Ed.), Computer Science Education : Perspectives on Teaching and Learning in School London: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Curzon P., Bell TC., Waite J. and Dorling M. (2018) Computational thinking. In Fincher S; Robins A (Ed.), The Cambridge Handbook of Computing Education ResearchCambridge University Press.
- Pollock L., Atlas J., Bell T. and Henderson T. (2018) A computer science study abroad with service learning: Design and reflections. In SIGCSE 2018 - Proceedings of the 49th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education 2018-January: 485-490. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3159450.3159589.
- Bell T., Duncan C. and Rainer A. (2017) What is coding? In Humble S (Ed.), Creating the Coding Generation in Primary Schools: A Practical Guide for Cross-Curricular TeachingRoutledge.
- Duncan C., Bell T. and Atlas J. (2017) What do the teachers think? Introducing computational thinking in the primary school curriculum. In ACM International Conference Proceeding Series: 65-74. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3013499.3013506.