I use machine learning in two specific fields of research: neuroengineering and adaptive optics. Our CDA website details other areas of our research.
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:
-Embedded Systems - Control
-Digital Signal Processing - Imaging and Control, Applications
-Machine learning for prediction and classification
-Heterogeneous computer systems architecture
-Systolic computer architectures
-Digital signal and digital image processing
- Peimankar A., Weddell SJ., Jalal T. and Lapthorn A. (2018) Multi-objective ensemble forecasting with an application to power transformers. Applied Soft Computing 68: 233-248. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2018.03.042.
- Knopp S., Bones P., Weddell SJ. and Jones R. (2017) A software framework for real-time multi-modal detection of microsleeps. Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine 40(3): 739-749. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13246-017-0559-x.
- Peimankar A., Weddell S., Jalal T. and Lapthorn AC. (2017) Evolutionary Multi-Objective Fault Diagnosis of Power Transformers. Swarm and Evolutionary Computation 36: 62-75. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.swevo.2017.03.005.
- Basavaraju RM., Akondi V., Weddell SJ. and Budihal RP. (2014) Myopic aberrations: Simulation based comparison of curvature and Hartmann Shack wavefront sensors. Optics Communications 312: 23-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1010/j.optcom.2013.09.004.
- Basavaraju RM., Akondi V., Weddell SJ. and Prasad Budihal R. (2014) Myopic aberrations: Simulation based comparison of curvature and Hartmann Shack wavefront sensors. Optics Communications 312: 23-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2013.09.004.
Refer to our CDA website for details about our group: https://researchprofile.canterbury.ac.nz/Group.aspx?groupid=45