Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include woody biomass energy and bioliquid fuels, wood based composites, wood processing with strengths on drying of wood and wood based materials, wood quality and wood properties related to drying. In addition, he is interested in drying of particular materials, evaporation, and heat and mass transfer processes. Specific research interests are:-Thermal gasification of woody biomass for energy and liquid fuels.-Pyrolysis of waste plastics and woody biomass for liquid fuels.-Product development and processing technologies for wood – plastic composites.-Kiln drying of softwood timber: drying modelling, model validation and practical application.-Modelling of drying stress and board deformation for kiln drying of softwood timber.-Drying related wood properties, thermal dynamics and wood-water relationships.-Quality drying of timber: studies on wood discolouration, checking, residual drying stress, warp and instability.-Fibre processing (particularly on drying) and mat hot pressing for MDF production.-Modelling of veneer drying for production of plywood and laminated veneer lumber (LVL). -LVL hot pressing with microwave preheating. -New technologies and environmental issues in drying of wood and wood based materials. -Alternative drying medium for high quality drying. -Kiln emission quantification and reduction in wood and wood product processing.
- Wang H., Wu Q., Mei Y., Zhang L. and Pang S. (2018) A study on exergetic performance of using porous media in the salt gradientsolar pond. Applied Thermal Engineering 136: 301-308. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.03.025.
- Wang Y. and Pang S. (2018) Investigation of ammonia removal from the simulated producer gas of biomass gasification by H2-reduced titanomagnetite. Fuel 220: 800-809. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2018.02.051.
- Wang Y. and Pang S. (2018) Investigation of hydrogen sulphide removal from simulated producer gas ofbiomass gasification by titanomagnetite. Biomass and Bioenergy 109: 61-70. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2017.12.021.
- Wang Y. and Pang S. (2018) The Effects of Temperature and Gas Species on Ammonia Removal inthe Simulated Producer Gas of Biomass Gasification by H2‑ReducedTitanomagnetite. Energy and Fuels http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.7b03851.
- Salleh MM., Magniez K., Pang S., Dormanns JW. and Staiger MP. (2017) Parametric optimization of the processing of all-cellulose composite laminae. ADVANCED MANUFACTURING-POLYMER & COMPOSITES SCIENCE 3(2): 73-79. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/20550340.2017.1324351.