Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Evison DC. and Mason E. (2017) The role of forestry in helping New Zealand reduce carbon emissions to the atmosphere. [Submission to New Zealand Productivity Commission].
- Lin H., Murray TJ. and Mason EG. (2017) Incidence of and defoliation by a newly introduced pest,Paropsisterna variicollis (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae),on eleven durable Eucalyptus species in Hawke’s Bay,New Zealand. New Zealand Plant Protection 70: 45-51.
- Lin H., Murray TJ., Mason E. and Apiolaza L. (2017) Impact of simulated Paropsis charybdis defoliation on growth of young Eucalyptus bosistoana in a dryland field trial. Wellington: 66th Entomological Society of New Zealand Conference, 19-21 Apr 2017
- Mason E., Morgenroth JA., Salekin S. and Burgess J. (2017) Sites, Modelling and Silviculture for Durable Eucalypts. Blenheim, New Zealand: Durable Eucalypts on Drylands: Protecting and Enhancing Value, 19-20 Apr 2017
- Mason EG. and Morgenroth J. (2017) Potential for forestry on highly erodible land in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 62(2): 8-15.