Research interests include the history and philosophy of mathematics; the preparation, translation, and commentary of ancient mathematical texts in Greek, Latin, Sanskrit, Arabic and Akkadian; and ancient mathematical astronomy and modelling.
- Montelle C. (2018) Mathematics The Language of the Universe. World Science Festival Brisbane, 21-25 Mar 2018
- Montelle CJ. (2018) The three mathematicians of Serendip. Story For the Creative and Curious 2018(1) https://www.qpac.com.au/the-creatory/big-ideas/the: 42-45.
- Montelle CJ. and Ramasubramanian K. (2018) Determining the Sine of One Degree in the Sarvasiddhāntarāja of Nityānanda. SCIAMVS 19: 1-52.
- Montelle CJ. (2017) Book Review of The Siddhāntasundara of Jñānarāja: An English Translation with Commentary, Toke Lindegaard Knudsen. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore (2014), 351 pp.. Historia Mathematica Academic Press. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hm.2017.03.006.
- Montelle CJ. (2017) Computation of Sines in Nityānanda's Sarvasiddhāntarāja. IIT-Gandhinagar, India: Exploring the History of Indian Mathematics: Indian Society of History of Mathematics, 4-6 Dec 2017