Qualifications & Memberships
Current research interests include high temperature superconductivity in electric power machines; smart grids and renewable energy; LED lighting; computer modelling and simulation of transformers; high voltage.
- Asef P., Perpina RB., Barzegaran MR. and Lapthorn AC. (2018) A 3-D Pareto-Based Shading Analysis on Solar Photovoltaic System Design Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2018.2849370.
- Asef P., Perpina RB., Barzegaran MR., Dong J., Lapthorn A. and Mohammed OA. (2018) A comparative study of Quasi-FEA technique on iron losses prediction for permanent magnet synchronous machines. Progress In Electromagnetics Research C 81: 101-113.
- Asef P., Perpina RB., Barzegaran MR., Lapthorn A. and Mewes D. (2018) Load identification of different Halbach-array topologies on permanent magnet synchronous generators using the coupled field-circuit FE methodology. Electric Power Systems Research 154: 484-492. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2017.08.041.
- Jin Z., Lapthorn A. and Staines M. (2018) An Investigation on the AC Dielectric Strength of Paper Sheet Insulation in Liquid Nitrogen. IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2018.2854664.
- Jin Z., Lapthorn A. and Staines M. (2018) Keeping Cool under Pressure: Dielectric Strength of Sheet Insulation in Boiling Liquid Nitrogen. IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 28(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2018.2813527.
Dr Andrew Lapthorn from UC’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at work in the High Voltage Lab, the only facility of its kind in a New Zealand university. It does commercial testing for the electrical industry.