a) Teaching and Research is one seamless entity that feeds our society. b) Curiosity and passion make your working day an holiday!
• Seismic design of bridges • Seismic design of jointed ductile self-centering systems • Dynamic behaviour of rigid bodies with particular emphasis to historical buildings• Modelling of the seismic behaviour of precast/prestressed and reinforced concrete connections and systems • Long term effects of composite steel-concrete, reinforced and/or prestressed concrete structures• Interaction of creep, shrinkage and temperature in concrete elements (seasonal thermal variations in prestressed bridges and external panels)• Flexural and shear behaviour of fibre reinforced and high performance concrete structures• Timber buildings and bridges• Serviceability, durability and maintenance of concrete bridges
- Pampanin S., Palermo AG. and Buchanan A. (2013) Structural Timber Innovation Company Inc. (2013). "Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company. 278.
- Dizhur D., Simkin G., Giaretton G., Loporcaro G., Palermo A. and Ingham J. (2017) Performance of winery facilities during the 14 November 2016 Kaikōura earthquake. Bulletin- New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 50(2): 206-224.
- Granello G., Andisheh K., Palermo AG. and Waldin J. (2017) Microwave Interferometry Radar as Cost-Effective Technique for Bridge Assessment. Structural Engineering International
- Granello G., Giorgini S., Palermo AG., Carradine D., pampanin S. and Finch R. (2017) Long-Term Behavior of LVL Post-Tensioned Timber Beams. Journal of Structural Engineering
- Granello G., Palermo AG., pampanin S., Smith T. and Sarti F. (2017) Post-Tensioning Loss Implications on the Seismic Response of Pres-Lam Frames. Bulletin- New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering