I have numerous research projects in various stages of completion. They involve the problem of induction, the nature of consciousness, the nature of propositions and possible worlds, the three great modal dichotomies (necessity, apriority, and analyticity), a kind of non-classical logic that I call "reticent logic", the problem of naturalising intentionality, and the physicalism/antiphysicalism dispute. I also have research interests in the philosophy of de-extinction and technological unemployment. My personal research website with preprints of my articles is here:http://douglascampbellphilosophy.blogspot.co.nz
- Campbell D., Copeland J. and Deng Z-R. (2017) The Inconceivable Popularity of Conceivability Arguments. Philosophical Quarterly 67(267): 223-240. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/pq/pqw066 or https://academic.oup.com/pq.
- Campbell DI. (2017) Against Lewis on ‘Desire as Belief’. Polish Journal of Philosophy 12(2)
- Campbell DI. (2017) On the Authenticity of De-extinct Organisms, and the Genesis Argument. Journal for Critical Animal Studies 6(1) 5: 61-79. http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1278&context=asj.
- Campbell DI. (2017) The Eightfold Way: Why Analyticity, Apriority and Necessity are Independent. Philosophers' Imprint 17 25: 1-17.
- Campbell D. (2016) A case for resurrecting lost species. Review essay of Beth Shapiro’s, “How to Clone a Mammoth: The Science of De-extinction”. Biology and Philosophy 31(5): 747-759. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10539-016-9534-2.