Dr. Wu's research interests are in the fields of networking and communications including acoustic gesture recognition, owner recognition of smart watches, charger scheduling and wireless power transfer in wireless rechargeable sensor networks, and energy-efficient design in wireless sensor networks. I am always looking for self-motivated Master or PhD students to work with on exciting topics. (中国学生奖学金机会 CSC-UC Joint PhD Scholarship Programme-http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/postgraduate/phd-and-doctoral-study/china-scholarship-council/ )
- Zhao W., Wang S., Wang C. and Wu X. (2017) Approximation Algorithms for Cell Planning in Heterogeneous Networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 66(2): 1561-1572. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2016.2552487.
- Zhu X., Chen G., Tang S., Wu X. and Chen B. (2016) Fast approximation algorithm for maximum lifetime aggregation trees in wireless sensor networks. 28(3): 417-431.
- Dai H., Chen G., Wang C., Wang S., Wu X. and Wu F. (2015) Quality of energy provisioning for wireless power transfer. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 26(2): 527-537. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2014.2310484.
- Lin S., Zhou G., Al-Hami M., Whitehouse K., Wu Y., Stankovic JA., He T., Wu X. and Hengchang L. (2015) Toward Stable Network Performance in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Multilevel Perspective. ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks 11(3): 42.26-42.26. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2700272.
- Wu P., Chen G., Zhu X. and Wu X. (2015) Minimizing receivers under link coverage model for device-free surveillance. Computer Communications 63(1): 53-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2015.01.015.
Barry joined the University of Canterbury in 2015 as a Senior Research Engineer at the Wireless Research Centre. He received his PhD degree in 2009 from Nanjing University, ME degree in 2003 and BS degree in 2000 from Wuhan University, all in Computer Science. His research interests are in the fields of wireless networking and communications, software defined networking, Internet of Things, cyber physical systems, etc. His recent research topics include energy-efficient design in wireless rechargeable sensor networks, offloading and cell planning in heterogeneous cellular networks, owner recognition in wearable systems. His publications appeared at IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), Computer Communications (ComCom), Wireless Networks, IEEE INFOCOM 2015/2014, IEEE ICDCS 2014, IEEE MASS 2013, etc. His work on energy hole avoidance in wireless sensor networks has been cited over 360 times according to Google Scholar. He won Honoured Mention Award in ACM MobiCom 2009 Demos and Exhibitions. His research was supported by two China’s national research grants and an EU FP7 Project. He was an Associate Professor at the Computer Science Department of Nanjing University.