Use the document content type when you want to add a document with a thumbnail image. Site Manager automatically creates the thumbnail image, but you can also upload one. The thumbnail must be resized before you upload it so it is 100px wide otherwise it will display incorrectly.
You can use the document content type across most document file types, for example PDF, DOC and XLS. File size is created and applied automatically.
You can use any document that is already in the media library. If a document that you want to use is not already in the media library, you will need to add it to as described in Manage the media library.
TIPS: Save any Word documents as a PDF before uploading them so users can’t change the document.
Add a Document content type
- Skip this step if your document is already in the Media Library but if your document isn’t already in the Media Library, upload it to the Media Library first
- From the Content dropdown menu, select Media Library to open up the T4 media library
- Under the Media Categories column, expand the Documents folder and look for the documents folder for your site – click to select this folder
- Click the green Add media button on the top right of your screen
- Browse to and select your document to upload
- Enter the details of your document (Name, Description and Keywords)
- Click Save changes
- After adding your document to Media Library (step 1 above), add the Document content type to your section
- Beside the section you are editing, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Create Content
- Select the Document content type
- In the Name field, enter a name for the document. This WILL be displayed on the published page
- To choose a file to add from the Media Library, click on the Select media button
- Select Yes to Display Thumbnail if you want a thumbnail image of your document, this is automatically generated. Or select No if you want a text link for your document
- Preview to make sure you are happy with the result
- Click Save changes to save or Save and Approve to publish