WYSIWYG stands for ‘What you see is what you get’.
The WYSIWYG editor allows you to enter content exactly as you will see it on the website, as opposed to adding HTML code. Use this content type to add paragraph text, lists, headings, links and tables.
For more information on how to add links and tables see Manage content.
How to add WYSIWYG editor content
- Select Add content.
- Choose WYSIWYG Editor.
- Enter a content Name followed by (WYSIWIG).
- Add Rich Content.
- If you are copying text you have created in a document, select the text then press the 'plain text' button which is highlighted in the image below. Otherwise, simply type your text into the text box.
- Hit enter between each heading and paragraph, or the heading styles you apply in the next step will continue onto the next line.
- Make sure to format the content by using suitable headings and subheadings from the Format dropdown box - one Heading 1 at the top, followed by any number of Heading 2s and Heading 3s etc.
- Use the spell check to proof your work.
- Preview to make sure you are happy with the result.
- Click Add to save.