Registrations for BALLET in Term 3 are now open!
We're bringing ballet to the Rec Centre! Our resident ballerina Zoe, will be leading authentic Adult Ballet classes each week in our Zen Zone. Whether you have done ballet in the past and want to restart, or you're a complete novice with no dance expereince, this course will cater for you all!
Why try BALLET?
- You've always loved to dance and want to get back into it.
- Strengthen and tone your entire body in a fun and elegant way.
- Improve balance, co-ordination and flexibility
- Improve posture and body awareness.
- Gain confidendce and learn a new skill!
What to expect in a normal BALLET session?
Phase 1: Barre - Warm up and body and lengthen the muscles using the ballet barre, ready for centre work.
Phase 2: Centre - a variety of poses and movements completed in the centre of the room. A challenge for both your muscles and your balance.
Phase 3: Allegro - This phase of the class is faster and includes a bit of jumping!
Phase 4: Choreography - Over the 5 weeks, you will learn a short and simple routine, to put your new skills to the test.
Phase 5: Stretching - Spend time stretching and relaxing the muscles.
What to wear?
- Comfortable workout clothing, that allows the body to move freely.
- Socks or ballet shoes. Something that will allow your feet to slide over the carpet in the Zen Zone.
- You do not need to wear the traditional ballet uniform (leotart, tights etc).
What you need to know
- Open to everyone, no membership required.
- The course runs for 5 weeks, 1 session per week.
- This course is suitable for all levels, no experience required.
- Location: Zen Zone - UC Rec Centre
- Max 12 participants
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle
|Option||Day||Time||First Class||Last Class||Instructor||Member Price||Non-Member Price||Registrations|
|1||Monday||6:10pm||22 July||19 Aug||Zoe||$50||$80||Open!|
|2||Wednesday||7:10pm||24 July||21 Aug||Zoe||$50||$80||Open!|
How to register
- If you would like to register for any of our courses see our Reception team or sign up over the phone. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Non-Members must sign up and pay at the UC Rec Centre to collect your entry card.
Need more information?
Contact our Group Fitness Co-ordinator.
Check the timetable
for Group Fitness, Small Group Training and Women's Only hours