Haumanu Mirimiri | Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy at the UC RecCentre -
Massage by Students & Qualified Therapists - ARA Te Pūkenga - Student Massage
We are excited to join with the Students from ARA TE PŪKENGA to provide a massage clinic at the RecCentre for their practice hours.
- 60-minute appointments that are affordable! Only for UC Staff, Students, and UC RecCentre Members
- Bookings essential- use new system Perfect GYM or give us a call 369 2433 or internal 92433
- Pay at reception before your session
- Arrive 5mins early ready to go
1. Sessions and Pricing
Student Therapist 2023
UC Staff / RecCentre Members
|60min Relaxation Massage (Level 5/6 Therapist)||$45||$50|
|60min Therapeutic Massage (Level 6 Therapist)||$50||$60|
|Graduate Therapist 2023|
|60min Relaxation/Therapeutic & Sports Massage (Qualified Graduate Therapist)||$65||$75|
- 2023 - Southern Cross Medical Insurance holders - check your policy! You may qualify to claim back the cost of up to five massages per annum when booking with a qualified diploma level therapist.
- Our Graduate Therapists are fully qualified in 2022 with a Level 6 Diploma in Remedial Therapeutic Massage and registered with Massage New Zealand. Graduated Therapists are able to offer all three diciplines within the scope of practice for MNZ. Sports, Therapeutic and Relaxation. They can offer clinical assessment and referrals to our in-house physiotherapists at You First Physio or our personal trainers at the Rec Centre plus support your rehabiliation from injury and sport related issues.
2. How to book for UC Staff & Students
- Book on the New System: PERFECT GYM HERE: Perfect Gym
- Or bookings through reception contact us OR Phone: +64 3 369 2433
- Payment is required before your session begins
- No shows will be charged or prevented from future bookings without payment. 24 hours notice of cancellation is preferred.
|Day||Type of Massage||Availability January 2023||Therapist Name|
|Monday (AM)||Relaxation/Therapeutic (Student)||8:30am, 9.45am, 11am||Zoe Garmonsway|
|Monday (PM)||Relaxation (Student)||8:30am, 9.45am, 11am||Drew Jorgensen|
|Tuesday (AM)||Relaxation (Student)||8:30am, 9.45am, 11am||Jorjah Mason Waru|
|Tuesday (PM)||Relaxation/Therapeutic (Student)||3pm, 4.15pm, 5.30pm||Shane Hutchinson|
|Wednesday (AM)||Relaxation/Therapeutic (Student)||8:30am, 9.45am, 11am||Georgia Warren|
|Wednesday (PM)||Graduated Relax/Therapeutic/Sports||1.30-8pm||Antony Sutherland|
|Thursday (AM)||Remedial/Therapeutic (Student)||3pm, 4.15pm, 5.30pm||Zoe Garmonsway|
|Thursday (PM)||Graduated Relax/Therapeutic/Sports||1.30-8pm||Antony Sutherland|
|Friday (PM)||Graduated Therapeutic/Sports||11- 6.30||Chris Buckeridge|
|Saturday (AM)||Relaxation (Student)||9:00am - 12:45pm||Drew Jorgensen|
|Saturday (PM)||Relaxation (Student)||1:00pm - 5:00 pm||Jorja Mason Waru|
|Sunday (AM)||Remedial/Therapeutic (Student)||9:00am - 12:45pm||Georgia Warren|
|Sunday (PM)||Remedial/Therapeutic (Student)||1:00pm - 5:00 pm||Shane Hutchings|
Quality and Safety verified
Our therapists are required to be registered with Massage New Zealand, and undergo police checks.
- This means they comply with the MNZ Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- You can rest assured you are in safe and hands.
How it works
- Visit the UC Rec & Sport Perfect Gym Online portal and book your appointment OR call Reception
- Upon arrival, check in at the reception counter at the UC RecCentre, the staff will direct you to the massage treatment rooms
- Take a seat and the therapist will be with you and guide you through the rest (consultation, clothing and so on)
- Check out Massage New Zealand's advice on what to expect on your first massage
- If you show any signs of being UNWELL you MUST rebook or cancel your massage via the app or by calling us
- There is 15 minutes inbetween appointments to allow for cleaning and sanitizing of the massage room
- Bookings essential. 24hours notice of cancellation required. No shows will be charged and/or blocked from future booking without prior payment