Membership holds and cancellation
There may be times you need to put your membership on hold for a short time or cancel it entirely before the duration of the contract is complete.
Memberships on hold
- Staff, Friends of UC and Community members with 6 and/or 12-month memberships are eligible to apply.
- Salary deduction memberships cannot be placed on hold. Please contact our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader to discuss your options.
- Minimum period to go on hold is 1 month.
- Maximum period to go on hold is 3 months.
- Maximum of two 'holds' in any 12-month period.
For the full terms and conditions of your membership contract, please see your copy of your contract.
- Bring your membership card to reception and ask to place your membership on hold.
- You will be asked to fill in a Membership Hold form.
- You will be given the top copy of the form - please hold onto this.
- When you are ready to start your membership again, come back to the reception and bring that top copy with you.
If you cannot make it into the RecCentre in person, please email our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader. We will contact you and make arrangements to suit your situation.
Cancellation of membership
- Staff, Friends of UC, and Community members may apply to terminate memberships early.
- To apply, please address an email to the Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader outlining your reason to request a cancellation and proposed end date. You may be asked to provide evidence as necessary to support your application (eg job offer, surgeon/doctor certificate).
- Any refund granted is calculated pro-rata for the term already used, and an administration fee of $30 is deducted off the final amount, should your request be approved.