Book a Group Fitness class
More of a visual learner?
- Check out our YouTube 'how to book a class' video (5.17)
How to book (all classes)
- Open your Rec&Sport app, and select the class timetable tile
- Select the day and timelsot you'd like
- Select the 'book' button. You're in. You can choose to add it to your calendar so you dont' forget.
- Zone classes (Spin, Fit50) just the same, but pay for your class at reception to collect your token.
How to cancel (all classes)
- Open your app, head to the class, and select 'delete booking', up to 30mins prior to class start time
- It really helps others if you cancel as soon as you know you've changed your mind!
Are there penalties if I don't turn up without cancelling
- YES! We have limited spaces, so we need your help to make sure everyone has a fair chance at working out.
- If you fail to turn up, or you are late, you will receive one strike.
- If you reach 3 strikes, you can still come to the gym, but you will lose the privelege of booking via the app for a short time (2 weeks)
What's a waitlist?
- If the class is full, youcan pop yourself on the waitlist
- If someone cancels, you will get a notification (if you've turned these on) when a space becomes available
- Fastest finger wins! Your position in the waitlist doesn't mean anything for this purpose. So, it's worth putting yourself on the waitlist.
What are the booking rules?
- There is no limit on the number of classes you can book a day, or how many you can make at one time.
- You can cancel up to 30mins before class start time.
- Capacity is listed in the app for each class. These are based on equipment, space and comfort for users
- Classes are released 5 days in advance.
Can I turn up for a class without booking?
- Yes, BUT you won't be guaranteed a spot.
- Our instructors can book you into the class, and then check you off, but if the class is full you may be turned away
- We'd suggest checking your app right before class, and booking yourself in at the last minute, if that's more your style. That way, it won't be a wasted trip!
- Remember, we do have some no-shows, so even if the app says the class is full, it might be worth trying your luck.
- You can choose which notifications to receive, and how you'd like to receive them
- We'd recommend turning on push notifications for classes - you'll be reminded of your upcoming class, and if a space is available for a waitlisted class
Check the timetable
for Group Fitness, Small Group Training and Women's Only hours