Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury
Semester 2, 2021
Join Run Canterbury for the pack runs every Tuesday and Thursday evenings through the semester 2 season in 2021. We will bring you a community based around running and getting better with every stride.
For Semester 2021, Run Canterbury will have its targets set on the Queenstown Marathon event on November 20th 2021.
"The World’s Most Beautiful Marathon incorporating 42km, 21km, 10km and 2.2km kids run options.
Set between the backdrop of the world renowned Crown and Remarkable mountain ranges, and taking in the best highlights of the Queenstown Lakes region including Millbrook resort, Arrowtown, Lakes Hayes, Shotover River, Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown Gardens and finishing in the heart of Queenstown itself."
If enough Run Canterbury members register for the Queenstown marathon we will organise a group event down (transport and accomodation)
*Run Canterbury fees do NOT include entry into the Queenstwon Marathon event.
Our programme for Semester 2, 2021 includes
- Training and support
- Free Running T-Shirt (new members only)
- Pack runs (x2) each week - Tuesday & Thursday
- Pack runs lead by pack leaders
- Experienced, Intermediate, Completion, and Hybrid (walk/run) groups available
- 14-week training programme
- 20% off the Queenstown Mararthon races (10km, 21km, 42km events)
Your support package
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (4 levels to choose from and we will help you find the right level)
- Access to social media community to support you towards your goals - Run Canterbury Facebook page.
- Practical recovery sessions (Foam Rolling)
- Access to discounted BCS at the UC Rec Centre
- Informational seminars
- UC Students, UC Staff, and UC Rec Centre Members - $95
- Community - $155
- Previous Run Canterbury participant (any year) - $80
- Paying off the programme via instalments is no problem and can be organised with the Sports Coordinator.
*Run Canterbury fees do NOT include entry into the Queenstown Marathon event.
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Introductory meeting - Tuesday 17th August (Location: TBC)
- Group runs will leave from K1 (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- First pack run - Tuesday 17th August 2021, and runs will continue until 18th November 2021
- Queenstown Marathon - Saturday 20th November
How to register
- Fill out the online form by clicking the red button below.
- You will then need to pay at the UC RecCentre Reception.
"Like" our Run Canterbury Facebook Page
- We have a very active social media community to support you towards your running goals
- Like the Run Canterbury Facebook page.