Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury
Prepare yourself to take on a 10km or half marathon event in 2023! We have three running groups to join in our programme (bronze, silver, and gold). These groups represent your speed, distance, and experience with running.
It is recommended that you can continuously run at a light pace for 25–30minutes twice a week if you are considering registering for the beginners programme.
Semester 1 2023
Prepare for the Selwyn Half Marathon
- Sunday June 4, 2023 : The Frontrunner Christchurch Half Marathon
Starting and ending at the Lincoln Events Centre in Lincoln. The Route takes you through Rossendale Wines off the Akaroa Highway and back out onto Old Tai Tapu Road for the 10k, 21k or 42km
- Our programme is designed for 21km, but we can tailor and provide support if you choose to change your distance goal.
Your support package
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from)
- Access to social media community to support you towards your goals - Run Canterbury Facebook page.
- Practical recovery sessions (Foam Rolling)
- Access to discounted Body Scans at the UC Rec Centre
- Training and support
- Free Running T-Shirt (new members only)
- Pack runs (x2) each week - Tuesday & Thursday
- UC Students, UC Staff, and UC Rec Centre Members - $95.00
- Community - $155.00
- Previous Run Canterbury participant (any year) - $80.00
- Paying off the programme via instalments is no problem and can be organised with the Sports Coordinator.
*Run Canterbury fees do NOT include entry into any event.
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Group runs will leave from K1 (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- Semester 1 - Start date: 13 March 2023
- City to Surf: 19 March 2023
- Chrsitchurch Marathon: 16 April 2023
- Selwyn Marathon: 4 June 2023
For more information contact
- Email the Sport Coordinator