Hōtaka Omaoma | Run Canterbury
Prepare yourself to take on a 10km or half marathon event in 2023! We have three running groups to join in our programme (bronze, silver, and gold). These groups represent your speed, distance, and experience with running.
It is recommended that you can continuously run at a light pace for 25–30minutes twice a week if you are considering registering for the beginners programme.
Semester 2, 2023
Prepare for the Queenstown Marathon
- Saturday November 18, 2023 : Queenstown marathon
- The World’s Most Beautiful Marathon incorporating 42km, 21km, 10km and 2.2km kids run options
- Set between the backdrop of the world renowned Crown and Remarkable mountain ranges, and taking in the best highlights of the Queenstown Lakes region including Millbrook resort, Arrowtown, Lakes Hayes, Shotover River, Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown Gardens and finishing in the heart of Queenstown itself.
Your support package
- Group runs lead by pack leaders to keep you motivated (3 levels to choose from)
- Access to social media community to support you towards your goals - Run Canterbury Facebook page.
- Practical recovery sessions (Foam Rolling)
- Access to discounted Body Scans at the UC Rec Centre
- Training and support
- Pack runs (x2) each week - Tuesday & Thursday
- UC Students, UC Staff, and UC Rec Centre Members - $100.00
- Community - $160.00
- Previous Run Canterbury participant (any year) - $85.00
- Paying off the programme via instalments is no problem and can be organised with the Sports Coordinator.
*Run Canterbury fees do NOT include entry into any event.
There are a few key dates that we recommend you put in your diary now
- Group runs will leave from K1 (22 Kirkwood Ave, University of Canterbury, Ilam, Christchurch)
- Semester 2 - Start date: 7 August 2023
- Queenstown Marathon: 18 November 2023
For more information contact
- Email the Sport Coordinator