City2Surf 2023 - Be part of the UC TEAM Experience! FREE Entries SOLD OUT
UC celebrates its 150th Anniversary this year with a calendar of exciting events and initiatives including sponsoring 150 staff and students' participation in the City2Surf and a offering a training preparation package with UC Rec&Sport. We'd love for YOU to join us and show your UC Colours!
Walk, Wheel/Aid or Jog the City2Surf
Designed for absolute beginners, join us over six weeks to walk, wheel/aid or jog the City2Surf.
Congratulations on making your decision to "have a go" for the City2Surf event on the 19th of March 2023. The UC Rec & Sport team are excited to support your first journey into the “possible”. We have designed a safe and achievable 6-week plan for those of you who are walkers, wheelers/aiders, joggers, and beginner runners. This is going to be fun and safe for you to get moving, get outside and have the support you need to make that first step. The main goal for all three groups is to finish the event, enjoy the experience of the atmosphere of the day and to use the 6-week programme to kick start something for health, wellbeing, and your life. We have also designed it for those people who may have disabilities or on wheels.
- Sunday 19th March 2023
Starting at Avon Park (6km) or Latimer Square (12km) and ending at the Rawhiti Domain, enjoy a peaceful meander from the city to the surf.
- Choose from walkers and wheelers/aids, wannabe joggers or joggers for either the 6km or 12km length.
- UC Staff and UC Students - the first 150 to register, will get their City2Surf entry fee for FREE and a FREE UC 150th commemorative T-shirt to run in on the day! FREE ENTRIES NOW SOLD OUT! (THURSDAY 19TH JAN)
- Don't worry about what level you decide to embark on now, we'll help you in the first week to figure out the best fit and you can change groups if it's not quite right
Your support package
- Access to social media community to support you towards your goals - City2Surf TEAM UC Facebook Page (private)
- Access to discounted Body Composition Scans at the UC RecCentre
- POST Programme MEET AND GREET: Thursday 16th March (K1 lecture hall)
- UC Students, UC Staff, and UC RecCentre Members $35 (your entry)
- The first 150 UC Staff and UC Students to register are FREE! And we'll give you a commerative t-shirt to wear on race day! SOLD OUT
If you've already registered for the City2Surf via their website (and paid your $35 entry directly), you can still join in on the day minus the T-shirt.
For more information contact
Registrations - CLOSING WEDNESDAY 15TH MARCH FOR FINAL ENTRIES
As a staff or student you can still be part of the experience - register below and pay the $35
- Click the red registration button bellow. We'll collect your registrations and enter as a UC team into the event.