Registrations for HipHop are now open!
We are injecting a whole new level of cool into the RecCentre and launching Hip-Hip for 2021!
Two different sessions to choose from...
Option 1: Sassy Hip Hop - Monday’s class will have a sassy style and will consist of choreography to mainly female artists. It is a fun and energetic style. If you like body rolls and hair flicks this will be the class for you.
Option 2: Old School & Gangsta Hip Hop - Wednesday’s class will be a mixture! Some classes will include old-school hip hop music with a more flowy and relaxed hip hop style. Other classes will be gangsta which will include faster and more aggressive movements.
Why try Hip-Hop?
- You have always wanted to try hip hop or you're an ex-hip hop dancer who wants to get back into it.
- You want to improve your memory, fitness and technique.
- Improve strength and co-ordination.
- Increase your fitness level and tone your entire body.
- Gain confidence and learn a new skill.
What to expect in a Hip-Hop session?
- Warm up: 3-4 minute high intensity workout to warm the body’s muscles up.
- Stretch: 3-4 minute stretch to release and loosen up the body’s muscles.
- Choreography: Learn a short hip hop dance, focusing on technique, timing and enthusiasm!
- Warm down: 2-3 minute stretch to relax the body’s muscles.
What to wear?
- Comfortable workout clothing, that allows the body to move freely.
- Flat gym sneakers
What you need to know
- Open to everyone, no membership required.
- The course runs for 5 weeks, 1 session per week.
- This course is suitable for all levels, no experience required.
- Location: Zen Zone - UC Rec Centre
- Max 12 participants
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle
|Option||Day||Time||First Class||Last Class||Instructor||Member Price||Non-Member Price||Registrations|
|1||Monday||7:10pm||1 March||29 March||Sophie T||$50||$80||Open!|
|2||Wednesday||6:10pm||3 March||31 March||Sophie T||$50||$80||Open!|
How to register
- If you would like to register for any of our courses see our Reception team or sign up over the phone. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Non-Members must sign up and pay at the UC Rec Centre to collect your entry card.
Need more information?
Contact our Group Fitness Coordinator.