Registrations for HipHop are now open!
We are injecting a whole new level of cool into the RecCentre and launching Hip-Hip for 2021!
Option 1: Beginner Hip Hop - Sunday's class will have a sassy style and will consist of choreography to mainly female artists. It is a fun and energetic style. If you like body rolls and hair flicks this will be the class for you. Simple choreography for those new to hiphop and just want to give it a go.
Option 2: Intermediate Hip Hop - This session will consist of more challenging choreography for those who have previous HipHop experience and want to amp it up a notch!
Why try Hip-Hop?
- You have always wanted to try hip hop or you're an ex-hip hop dancer who wants to get back into it.
- You want to improve your memory, fitness and technique.
- Improve strength and co-ordination.
- Increase your fitness level and tone your entire body.
- Gain confidence and learn a new skill.
What to expect in a Hip-Hop session?
- Warm up: 3-4 minute high intensity workout to warm the body’s muscles up.
- Stretch: 3-4 minute stretch to release and loosen up the body’s muscles.
- Choreography: Learn a short hip hop dance, focusing on technique, timing and enthusiasm!
- Warm down: 2-3 minute stretch to relax the body’s muscles.
What to wear?
- Comfortable workout clothing, that allows the body to move freely.
- Flat gym sneakers
What you need to know
- Open to everyone, no membership required.
- The course runs for 4 weeks, 1 session per week.
- Location: Zen Zone - UC Rec Centre
- Max 12 participants
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle
|Option||Day||Time||First Class||Last Class||Instructor||Member Price||Non-Member Price||Registrations|
|1||Sunday||11:30pm||2 May||23 May||Sophie T||$40||$64||Open!|
|2||Sunday||12:30pm||2 May||23 May||Sophie T||$40||$64||Open!|
How to register
- If you would like to register for any of our courses see our Reception team or sign up over the phone. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Non-Members must sign up and pay at the UC Rec Centre to collect your entry card.
Need more information?
Contact our Group Fitness Coordinator.