Registrations for Ballet (Term 4) are closed.
Zoe is takig a break for Term 4 and will be back teaching ballet again over Summer School (Nov/Dec)!
Our resident ballerina Zoe, will be leading authentic Adult Ballet classes. Whether you have done ballet in the past and want to restart, or you're a complete novice with no dance experience, this course will cater for all!
Why try BALLET?
- You've always loved to dance and want to get back into it.
- Strengthen and tone your entire body in a fun and elegant way.
- Improve balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Improve posture and body awareness.
- Gain confidence and learn a new skill!
What to expect in a normal BALLET session?
Phase 1: Barre - Warm-up and body and lengthen the muscles using the ballet barre, ready for center work.
Phase 2: Centre - a variety of poses and movements completed in the center of the room. A challenge for both your muscles and your balance.
Phase 3: Allegro - This phase of the class is faster and includes a bit of jumping!
Phase 4: Choreography - Over the 5 weeks, you will learn a short and simple routine, to put your new skills to the test.
Phase 5: Stretching - Spend time stretching and relaxing the muscles.
What to wear?
- Comfortable workout clothing, that allows the body to move freely.
- Socks or ballet shoes. Something that will allow your feet to slide over the carpet in the Zen Zone.
- You do not need to wear the traditional ballet uniform (leotard, tights, etc).
What you need to know
- Level 1: Open to everyone from beginner to experienced. Session will have simpler choreography for people to learn the basics, or master them!
- Level 2: Open for people with previous Ballet experience. Session will have more complex choreography and be taught a faster as the basics will already be known.
- The course runs for 5 weeks, 1 session per week.
- This course is suitable for all levels, no experience required.
- Location: Zen Zone - UC RecCentre
- Max 8 participants
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle
|Option||Day||Time||First Class||Last Class||Instructor||Member Price||Non-Member Price||Registrations|
|1||Monday (Level 2)||6:20pm||TBC||TBC||Zoe||$50||$80||Closed|
|2||Wednesday (Level 1)||6:20pm||TBC||TBC||Zoe||$50||$80||
How to register
- If you would like to register for any of our courses see our Reception team or sign up over the phone. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Non-Members must sign up and pay at the UC Rec Centre to collect your entry card.
Need more information?
Contact our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Coordinator.