Registrations for Ballet (Term 2) will be open soon!
Our resident ballerina Zoe, will be leading authentic Adult Ballet classes. Whether you have done ballet in the past and want to restart, or you're a complete novice with no dance experience, this course will cater for all!
Why try BALLET?
- You've always loved to dance and want to get back into it.
- Strengthen and tone your entire body in a fun and elegant way.
- Improve balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Improve posture and body awareness.
- Gain confidence and learn a new skill!
What to expect in a normal BALLET session?
Phase 1: Barre - Warm-up and body and lengthen the muscles using the ballet barre, ready for center work.
Phase 2: Centre - a variety of poses and movements completed in the center of the room. A challenge for both your muscles and your balance.
Phase 3: Allegro - This phase of the class is faster and includes a bit of jumping!
Phase 4: Choreography - Over the 5 weeks, you will learn a short and simple routine, to put your new skills to the test.
Phase 5: Stretching - Spend time stretching and relaxing the muscles.
What to wear?
- Comfortable workout clothing, that allows the body to move freely.
- Socks or ballet shoes. Something that will allow your feet to slide over the carpet in the Zen Zone.
- You do not need to wear the traditional ballet uniform (leotard, tights, etc).
What you need to know
- Level 1: Open to everyone from beginner to experienced. Session will have simpler choreography for people to learn the basics, or master them!
- Level 2: Open for people with previous Ballet experience. Session will have more complex choreography and be taught a faster as the basics will already be known.
- The course runs for 5 weeks, 1 session per week.
- This course is suitable for all levels, no experience required.
- Location: Zen Zone - UC RecCentre
- Max 8 participants
- Please bring a towel and drink bottle
|Option||Day||Time||First Class||Last Class||Instructor||Member Price||Non-Member Price||Registrations|
|Level 1||Tuesday||6:20pm||2 May||30 May||Zoe||$50||$80||Open soon!|
|Level 2||Tuesday||7:20pm||2 May||30 May||Zoe||$50||$80||
How to register
- Register online via our UC Rec&Sport client portal. Payment will need to be made at the RecCentre 7 days after the booking has been confirmed.
- If you would like to register for any of our courses in person, please pop in and see our Reception team. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Non-Members - please create a Guest Account which will then allow you to sign up online. Payment will need to be made at the RecCentre before the course starts.
Need more information?
Contact our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader.
Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader
Check the timetable
for Group Fitness, Small Group Training and Women's Only hours