Live & OnDemand
Group Fitness Classes Streaming Live & OnDemand
Sometimes getting to the gym or fitting in a group fitness class around a busy schedule can be tricky. With our Live & OnDemand subscription, this is no longer a problem.
You need two things to use Live & OnDemand. Firstly you'll need our UC Rec & Sport app, you can find links to that here. You will also need an active subscription to our Live & OnDemand service. COMING SOON we will have three subscription options available; 3, 6 and 12-months.
We stream a select number of group fitness classes daily. These classes are happening live and streamed via our app. You are able to participate remotely from wherever you are.
Open the UC Rec & Sport app.
- Tap on [Book a Class]. On the calendar find the class you wish to stream. These classes have [LIVE] in their title and a bright blue "Live Stream" logo.
- Open the class. From the class details screen, you can set the app to send you a notification when the class is about to start, or if the class is already open you can tap [Join].
- You can join the class with your mobile device, or use the URL provided to watch from any browser (whether it's a browser on a PC or TV).
- You choose whether you wish to present your screen or microphone. This will allow you to interact with other members or the instructor before the class begins. Your microphone and camera are automatically turned off when the class begins.
- If you have a heart rate monitor you can choose to link this to the app so your HR can be displayed on the screen.
If the app closes or our live stream crashes you can rejoin the class at any time throughout the duration of the live stream. After the class, your results will automatically be added to the results tab of the app.
If the scheduled time of a class isn't suitable we have a number of pre-recorded classes for you to choose from within our OnDemand area that you can do anytime you like.
- From the app home screen tap on [OnDemand Classes]
- Browse classes via "Recently Added", "Popular" and "Categories" sections. IMPORTANT: you are only presented with a couple of classes in each section. To view the full list of classes available, tap the > icon on the right of the screen. There are literally 100's of classes to choose from with a mix of both RecCentre and Technogym content.
- When you've found a class, open it and tap [START] to begin.
After the class, your results will automatically be added to the results tab of the app.
Most classes don't have a warm-up or cool-down so we recommend you conduct your own or select one of the warm-up or cool-down classes before/after your class.
Whether you are live streaming or doing an OnDemand class, you have the option to cast it to a bigger screen.
- Make sure your phone and TV are connected to the same WiFi network and your TV is on.
- Start the class. Once the class has started, a Chromecast icon will appear at the top of the screen.