- When you sign up to the RecCentre, you agree to be a good person and follow our rules.
Why do we have these rules?
- We want to keep you safe! Your workout should be in an environment that is healthy and safe. Should you not feel that way, please come and see a member of our team immediately and we'll help you out
What are the key bits I need to know?
We strongly recommend you read your contract before signing or clicking to agree. It is a legally binding contract. However, here are the key pieces of information that we find members asking about most frequently:
- NZ Vaccine Pass requirement. As mandated by the NZ government in their COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights), use of any inside facilities or services at the RecCentre is restricted to only those who hold a valid New Zealand Covid Pass. You will be required to present your pass on entry for verification. Outdoor facilities and services will be available from time to time for individuals who choose not to provide a valid pass, these facilities and services have restrictions applied. More information can be found here.
- Putting your membership on hold or cancelling early
- Shirts, shoes and towels - these are mandatory at every workout. An exception is made for removing footwear on gym mezzanine (stretch area) and in yoga/pilates classes. Keep yourself and everyone else around you, safe and healthy.
- Bring your membership card EVERY TIME. You cannot share your card with anyone, even if they are a member. You cannot borrow anyone else's card. If you are caught, there is a 1 week minimum stand down period where both parties will be banned from the gym.
- If you forget your card, please see reception. We give you two chances per semester to forget your card without consequence. The third time, we'll ask you to pay casual entry fee of $12. You'll get this refunded in full on your next visit, when you return with your membership card. It's really just easier for everyone if you remember your card.
- You must be at least 16years of age at the time of joining, and proof of age may be requested.. Photo ID is required of everyone requesting to join the UC RecCentre, regardless of age.