Mind and Body
Taking time out to look after our mind and body is key to maintaining a healthy wellbeing. There are many ways that we can look after our mind and body.
Sleep plays a vital part in helping us to sustain our wellbeing, check out these resources below for tips and tricks on how to get enough zzz’s.
- Sleep Tools and Tips
- Health Navigator NZ – Tips to improving your sleep
- Tips to help you sleep better
- Sleep apps
- How to Calm Your Worries and Sleep Better: A Scientist's Tips for Falling Asleep More Quickly
- Relaxing Sleep Music
- Sleep Music available on Spotify
The Breath provides a powerful connection between our body and mind. Focusing on our breathing can help to improve both our physical and mental wellbeing. Check out these resources below for further information.
- 10 Breathing Techniques
- 3 Mindful Breathing Meditation
- 1:2 Ratio Calming Breathing
- Headspace – Breathing exercises to reduce stress
- Relaxation and breathing document
Mindfulness is all about the practice of paying attention to the present moment but doing so with intention and without judgement. There are a variety of benefits to the practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness can help to reduce stress, increase focus and improve emotional regulation. Check out these resources below for further information on ways to practice mindfulness.
- Mindfulness getting started
- Headspace – What is Mindfulness?
- Mindfulness Works Courses
- Why Mindfulness is a superpower
- 10 Minute Meditation for Anxiety
- Mindful Eating
- Selection of mindfulness videos from My Life
- Mindfulness apps
Positivity & Happiness is all about keeping a positive outlook on life. This is about doing things that you enjoy that make you feel good. Check out these resources below to learn more about how positivity and happiness that can enhance your wellbeing.