Mentemia is a phone app designed to help people feel good and take care of their mental wellbeing.
Starting this year, all UC students and staff have free access to the full version of Mentemia, a mental wellbeing phone app (available on iOS and Android) designed to help support people with feeling good and functioning well. The Mentemia app is like a mental wellbeing toolbox in your pocket. It contains:
- Handy tools, such as a breath training feature
- Mood boosting features like daily messages and uplifting articles
- Content to help you learn more about mental wellbeing and discover things that help
How to download and access the app
You can download the app from your phone’s app store.
- Click here to the iOS app from the Apple App Store
- Click here to get the Android app from the Google Play Store
Once you have downloaded the app, create an account using your UC email address (either @uclive.ac.nz or @pg.canterbury.ac.nz for students, or @canterbury.ac.nz for staff) and then verify your account to get access to the full range of content and features. It’s super easy and only takes a few steps - if you get stuck, you can find out more info here.
Be assured that your use of the app is confidential and no personal information or data will be shared with the University of Canterbury.
Using the app
Everyone has mental wellbeing. Mentemia is intended to help you figure out what simple things you can do on a daily basis to feel happier and less stressed, plus build resilience and cope better with life’s stressors. All of the tools and resources have been developed with a team of psychologists and experts, and are backed by evidence and scientific research.
In the Mentemia app, you’ll find:
- Daily motivational messages to boost your mood and remind you to take care of yourself
- Breath training to learn how to stress less and relax your mind and body
- Worry map to work through worries and let them go
- Mood tracker to track changes in your mood and help you see patterns
- And more - including videos, meditations, articles and guided visualisations
If you have any questions about the Mentemia app, feel free to email email@example.com for help.