Mentoring is a one-to-one peer support programme for all Pacific students in their first year of study. By connecting with a mentor, first-year students receive direction, encouragement, motivation and most important of all, friendship.
All mentors are senior students with a strong understanding of university life through their own personal experiences and knowledge. They are committed to providing you with the advice and support you will need throughout the year in order to succeed here at the University.
To access the UCP Mentoring programme, students must be enrolled as a Pacific student at UC and register with the programme. All first-year UC Pacific students are assigned a mentor on registration.
- Sign up for a mentor by clicking here.
- If you are a continuing student and you would like to mentor a first-year student, sign up here.
Mentor training day
Pacific mentors training will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a Pacific mentor. Mentor training is COMPULSORY for any students wishing to become a Pacific Mentor. You will learn about:
- What a Pacific Mentor actually is and what you will be required to do.
- How to utilise important University services and processes so that you can assist your mentee.
- How to interact with your mentee and how to make the most of your mentoring experience.
For dates and times and to register please keep an eye on social media.