The role of the Pacific Student Advisor is to provide advice and pastoral support which includes guiding you through:
- UC processes – enrolment, withdrawals, backdated discontinuations, aegrotats, extensions, timetable clashes, appeals, academic reviews, complaints).
- Accessing your UC accounts – emails, learn, timetable, ICT account, Library account.
- Accessing appropriate resources around study – PASS tutoring, study groups, workshops, time management, study plans, learning skills.
- Check out our Student study plan guide (PDF, 534kb) - come in and see us for help to set up your calendar to connect to your smart device!
- Accessing other UC services – accommodation options, scholarship advice, career advice, health centre, student clubs, gym.
- Connecting with off-campus services - Studylink, legal advice, budgeting services, church or the high commission.
They are also able to:
- Advocate on your behalf (tutors, lecturers, student advisors, Studylink).
- Write support letters.
- Support you in meetings such as academic reviews.
- Lend a confidential ear to any personal or family issues affecting studies.