Information For UC Staff
Whilst the Pacific Development Team has a big focus on students, we are also able to offer assistance to other UC Staff. Things we may be able to assist with:
- Academic assistance in finding Pasifika content relevant to your course.
- Suggestions for effective pedagogies for Pasifika students.
- Supporting new course proposals and programme reviews.
- Following up with Pasifika students who may have disengaged from your course.
- Delivery of a customised workshop for your team around understanding Pasifika in New Zealand, and also how to best engage Pasifika.
- Provision of advice on how to increase Pasifika student attendance or involvement with your services and events.
- Potential collaboration on outreach programmes to increase Pasifika community participation.
- Pronunciation of words and names.
- Providing you with a chance to speak to Pasifika students at one of our events.
- Providing a Pasifika representative on a working group, committee, advisor group etc.
- Assistance with recruiting a Pasifika student to be part of a programme, campaign, video, etc.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure the right staff members get in touch with you. :)