Repairs, maintenance and keys
Repairs and maintenance
Minor breakdowns, plumbing problems, electrical faults and small jobs such as coat hooks, window breakages etc. should be referred directly to Engineering Services.
- For urgent after-hours work requests contact UC Security.
- For urgent requests during working hours contact Engineering Services ext 94400.
- For students - log a repair or fault by phoning ext 94400 or 03 369 4400 or emailing FMassist@canterbury.ac.nz.
- For staff - log a fault, repair or request using the web-based BEIMS Remote Request System – Engineering Services Helpdesk. Also see the How to use of the BEIMS Remote Request Service Staff Intranet page.
Facilities Services is responsible for issuing campus keys.
- Requests for keys must be made through your department secretary or a designated person within a department. No direct application without the signature of an authorised person who has been granted to make requests, will be accepted.
- A HOD signature is required as verification.
- Usually it takes 2-3 working days to process applications, though at peak times (around enrolment), this may extend longer.
- Cut keys can be collected from the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road.
- A refundable deposit of $30 per key will be required of students.
- When returning the key, proof of identity will be required to ensure the person returning the key is the person who paid the initial deposit.
- Persons returning keys on behalf of someone else will be required to present a signed letter authorising them to act as their agent.
- Broken keys will be replaced free of charge.
- Lost keys will be charged for.
- Staff are not required to lodge a deposit, but must pay for lost keys.
To apply for a campus key please complete the Key ordering form below.